roasted tilapia with tomatoes, olives and fingerling potatoes √
• 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
• 1 lb. small fingerling potatoes, cut diagonally into 1/2 -in. pieces
• 3 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, divided
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 2 c. grape tomatoes
• 1/3 c. pitted kalamata olives
• 2 tbsp. capers, rinsed, drained
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled, smashed
• 1/4 c. white wine vinegar, divided
• 4 tilapia fillets or other firm fish, about 5 to 6 oz. each
• Sprigs of thyme for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle a sided baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place in oven for 5 minutes, then remove. Place potatoes on the sheet and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon thyme leaves, about ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Roast potatoes about 15 to 20 minutes or until browned and crisp, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven; wrap potatoes in foil to keep warm.
Place the tomatoes, olives, capers and garlic on the same baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar and 1 teaspoon thyme. Place in oven and roast until just beginning to soften, about 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon thyme, 2 tablespoons vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste; brush on the fish. Place fish atop roasted tomato mixture and return to oven until fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Divide among plates and serve with the potatoes. Garnish with sprigs of thyme.