• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 large apple, Crispin or Granny Smith, peeled and thickly sliced
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 c. apple cider, divided
• 1/2 c. walnuts, toasted and chopped
• 1 tbsp. butter
• 1 tbsp. grainy mustard
• 2 tbsp. chives, minced, optional
Season both sides of the pork medallions with half of both the salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and sauté until brown, about 2 minutes per side. It will not be fully cooked at this point.
Transfer pork to a plate and add sweet potatoes and onion to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and sauté until onion is golden, about 7 minutes.
Mix in apple and cinnamon; season with remaining salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
Nestle pork among vegetables, pour in 2/3 cup apple cider and bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until pork is just slightly pink and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.