Southwestern Salmon Tacos With Avocado Salsa
From “The Dinnertime Survival Cookbook,” by Debra Ponzek.
• 2 avocados
• 2 tomatoes, cored and diced
• 1/2 c. finely diced red onion
• 1/4 c. loosely packed chopped cilantro
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 (5- to 6-oz.) salmon fillets
• 1/4 c. canola oil
• 8 (6-in.) flour tortillas
• 1/2 c. sour cream
• 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (freeze remaining for another use)
• 2 tbsp. adobo sauce from the can
• Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Cut each avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Carefully scoop the flesh from the shell and dice it. Toss the diced avocado with the tomato, onion, cilantro and lemon juice. Stir to mix, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Poll: Which 2013 Taste Holiday Cookie Contest entry do you most want to try?