BBQ Mango Baby Back Ribs
Note: To simplify the recipe, use a purchased mango barbecue sauce and skip reducing the sauce after the ribs have cooked. To lacquer the ribs, broil them after you remove them from the slow cooker. From “Year-Round Slow Cooker,” by Dina Cheney.
• 3 ½ lb. pork baby back ribs, cut into 2 pieces to fit into slow cooker
• 1 (10-oz.) jar high-quality mango chutney (about 1 c.), such as Major Grey’s
• ½ c. thick mango nectar
• 1 (14-oz.) can whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
• ¼ c. fresh-squeezed, strained lime juice
• 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
• 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
• 1 tbsp. low-sodium tamari soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. adobo sauce from a can of chipotle chiles en adobo
• 1 tsp. coarse salt
• ½ tsp. chili powder
• ¼ tsp. Tabasco green pepper sauce
Poll: Which 2013 Taste Holiday Cookie Contest entry do you most want to try?