Shrimp with pasta and feta cheese
Note: You can substitute broth (chicken, vegetable or seafood) for the white wine, if preferred. From "7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies," by Susan Nicholson.
• 8 oz. pasta shells (about 3 c.)
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/2 c. chopped onion
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
• 11/2 tsp. fresh oregano
• 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
• 1 (14.5-oz.) can drained diced tomatoes with oregano, basil and garlic
• 1 c. seeded and chopped plum tomatoes
• 1 lb. uncooked shelled and deveined shrimp
• 1/4 c. dry white wine (see Note)
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese for garnish
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion, basil, oregano and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
Add both tomatoes, shrimp, wine, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and tomatoes are heated through.
Spoon over pasta; garnish with feta cheese.