Stop plucking your eyebrows. Stop waxing them. And definitely don’t shave them and then draw them back on.
The trend of pencil-thin eyebrows that started in the ’90s has been replaced by bushy, bold arches that frame the face, making women look younger and more natural, enthusiasts say. Models Cara Delevingne and Kate Upton and singer Rita Ora are among those sporting brows that mean business.
Unless you’ve got a Frida Kahlo unibrow, heed this advice from Twin Cities makeup artist Mark Navarro (MarkNavarro.biz) to get the perfect set of bigger brows:
1. “Until you feel confident about wearing a bolder eyebrow, try using a lighter shade of eye shadow or pencil to outline and fill in your brows.”
2. “Continue regular brow maintenance, but expand the dimensions of your shape.”
3. “Pencils tend to give a denser, more opaque look to your brows. Try a powder first, then lightly fill in sparser areas with a pencil.”
4. “Use a slightly lighter concealer color above and below your brows to highlight their beautiful shape.”
5. “Use your preferred eye shadow colors as usual. Try a bold eye and a velvety light orange lip.”