Page 2 of 2 Previous
The photogenic Kemp-Melroe abode has been the setting for photo shoots by Target and local magazines, and even caught the eye of a reporter for the New York Times, where it was among the “Great Homes and Destinations” last month.
“Our friends told us we were crazy for buying it, and now they tell us we’re crazy for selling it,” said Kemp.
He and Melroe will miss the house they made their own, but are hunting for their next renovation challenge, which will likely be smaller in size.
“Maybe we’ll redo a midcentury modern rambler or another older house,” said Kemp. “But if it only has 8-foot-tall ceilings, I’ll have to hang my artwork sideways.”
•The Federal-style home has 11 bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.
• Six wood-burning fireplaces with marble and brick surrounds.
• New custom-made stained-glass windows at the top of the foyer staircase landing.
• In-law suite on the home’s third floor includes three bedrooms and one bathroom.
• Guest quarters on the carriage house’s second floor include two bedrooms and one bathroom.
• The main floor of the brick carriage house, next to the swimming pool, can be used as a space for entertaining.
• The home is within walking distance of the Minneapolis Institute of Arts and Nicollet Avenue’s “Eat Street” restaurants.
Bruce Erickson of Coldwell Banker Burnet has the listing, 612-382-4099, www.BruceErickson.com.
Lynn Underwood • 612-673-7619