Tweeting for the next three years.
Minnesotans who were fleeing slavery, fighting the Civil War or waiting out the conflict at home will have events in their daily lives -- dinner, weather, observations and well wishes for their loved ones -- tweeted regularly for the next three years. The tedium of the long conflict will be interrupted by a flurry of Twitter activity on the 150th anniversary of these Civil War battles and milestones:
• Chancellorsville, April 3-May 6.
• Vicksburg, May 19-July 4.
• Gettysburg, July 2-3.
• New York Draft Riots, July 13-16.
• Chickamauga, Sept. 18-20.
• Chattanooga, Nov. 23-25.
• Atlanta, May 1-Sept. 2.
• March to the Sea, Nov. 15-Dec. 21.
• Nashville, Dec. 15-16.
• Carolinas Campaign, Feb.-March.
• Lee's Surrender, April 9.
• Lincoln's Assassination, April 14-15.
• Johnston's Surrender, April 18.
Source: Minnesota Historical Society, www.mnhs.org/civilwar
Poll: Which of Rick Nelson’s must-try foods at the State Fair do you most want to try?