Good morning, commuters!
It's going to be a hot one out there today, so if you are taking transit stay hydrated and if possible wait for you bus or train in the shade. Here are a few other suggestions:
- Limit your wait time. Use NexTrip to find departure times and limit the time standing at a train or bus stop.
- Keep windows closed to keep buses cooler.
- Wear sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun while waiting for buses or trains
- Carry a hat or umbrella to create shade and prevent sunburn
- Consider traveling early in the morning or later in the evening when buses and trains are less crowded and it's allegedly cooler.
Out on the roads we have no issues at the moment with light levels of traffic. But with temperature expected to soar into the 90s and high dewpoints, too, conditions will be ripe for pavement failures. Also, don't leave any pets or people in a car for any period of time.
I’ll be keeping an eye on the roads and rails this morning, reporting any delays or issues — and I will need your help.
If you see or hear about any congestion, delays or problems, e-mail drive@startribune or tweet @stribdrive.