Good morning, commuters!
More road closures are in place today as President Obama continues his Twin Cities visit. Those will be centered around Lake Harriet in south Minneapolis. Here is the posting from the Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Department:
Road Closures and Parking Restrictions Friday, June 27
No parking in lots or along streets noted below. Roads and lots will reopen after the event.
- Lake Harriet Parkway: Roseway Road to W 44th Street on west side of lake
- Roseway Road: Kings Highway to Lake Harriet Parkway
- William Berry Parkway
- Queen Avenue: W 40th Street to W 42nd Street
- W 42nd Street: Linden Hills Blvd to Lake Harriet Parkway
Additional Parking Restrictions Begin at 12 am, Friday, June 27
No street parking
- Linden Hills Blvd: W 40th Street to W 42nd Street
- W 40th Street: Linden Hills Blvd to Queen Avenue
Elsewhere, the Hwy. 101 and 41 crossings over the Minnesota River remained closed due to flooding, so it will be another day of increased traffic and headaches for commuters on Hwy. 169 and 35W in the south metro.
I’ll be keeping an eye on the roads and rails this morning, reporting any delays or issues — and I will need your help.
If you see or hear about any congestion, delays or problems, e-mail drive@startribune or tweet @stribdrive.