KSTP 1500 AM radio just played a taped interview their afternoon show did with David Kahn, who once again wasn't at a loss for words.
Here are some of the things he told my newspaper colleague Patrick Reusse and Phil Mackey:
* Michael Beasley smoked too much pot in Miami, but he's a changed man now. Make that, changed young man.
"He's a very young and immature kid who smoked too much marijuana and has told me that he's not smoking anymore," Kahn said, "and I told him that I would trust him as long as that was the case."
* On being something of a youtube sensation for a contentious NBA TV interview with Chris Webber from NBA Summer League last week: "He's kind of a schmuck, isn't he? Methinks that he spent a lot of time on NBA TV with a former Timberwolves person and he seemed to come into the interview with an agenda. Tough questions are fine, but I felt like he was a little defensive about some of the things."
* European center Nikola Pekovic will be "signed here shortly" and called him a 6-10, 275-pound "real brute" and "almost the kind who'd kick sand in somebody's face at the beach."
* He likened just-signed Luke Ridnour's veteran presence to Brian Cardinal and Damien Wilkins' leadershipm but with a big difference: He'll play a lot.
"I think it's important to have not only a veteran presence, but somebody who's playing significant, steady minutes," Kahn said. "It's easier to lead rather than just from the locker room."
* Asked about who'd win a game of H-O-R-S-E on a team that seemingly has significantly improved its shooting, he said, "It'd be hard (to pick a winner). We have a lot of good shooters, but I wouldn't discount Bill Laimbeer. Bill can still shoot it."