Derailed: A Star Tribune Investigation
From Minnesota to California, BNSF Corp. has drawn judicial penalties for misconduct.
A Minnesota judge said BNSF impeded the investigation of a 2003 train collision that killed four people at this Anoka crossing, but the railroad said it cooperated with authorities.
Jason Mann filed suit after his father, an engineer, was killed when two trains collided. The railroad blamed his father for the accident.
Taylor Waggoner, 12, visited the Angel of Hope statue, where her family has placed a memorial brick to honor her father, Corey Chase, who was killed in the crash.
Unlike employees in other industries, railroad workers do not automatically qualify for benefits under worker's compensation systems if they are injured while on the job.
- St. Paul park mudslide turns school trip into deadly nightmare
- Remodeler finds comic book worth $100K in wall at Elbow Lake house
- Twins insider: If results don't change the roster will
- Mall of America expansion funding has $9 million bridge to cross
- "Rehab Addict” host can't stop demolition of Mpls. Park Avenue house
- Rochester, Mayo Clinic celebrate $585 million windfall from the state
- Zach Sobiech, whose song 'Clouds' touched millions, dies