Three reasons the Gophers get in the NCAA tournament
• A number of other bubble teams suffered damaging losses in the past few days, including Arkansas, Missouri, California and Florida State.
• Minnesota’s strength of schedule is ranked among the nation’s top 10.
• The Gophers had strong regular-season victories over Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa.
Three reasons the Gophers get left out
• They lack a road win that will impress the committee. The Gophers were 3-7 on the road, with their best victory at Richmond.
• Their RPI is a very average No. 46.
• They were 2-7 against top 50 RPI teams and had bad losses against Northwestern and Purdue, two teams with RPI’s over 100.