The Minneapolis Area Association of Realtors released its October housing report this morning, here are the highlights.
- Pending sales: 4,483, 34 percent higher than October 2011.
- Closed sales: 4,262, a 15.1 percent increase over last year.
- Median sales: up 14.8 percent to $175,000.
- 10K Housing Value Index (factors in changes in the kinds and prices of sales): up 7.4 percent increase to $172,804.
- New listings: 5,301 homes were placed onto the market, 7.5 percent more than last year.
- Total active listings: 15,002, down 29.7 percent — the lowest since at least January 2003.
Check back later for more details, and I'll be working on a story for the Tuesday paper.