Last-minute reminder for coffee geeks – and craft beer geeks and pig roast geeks (is there such a thing?). If you’re into these sorts of delicious things, clear your schedule for Thursday night’s Hüsker Brew. The two-phase party (free!) is hosted by Sprudge (the much-loved Portland-based coffee website) and Café Imports, one of the country’s most acclaimed specialty importers (located right here in the Twin Cities). Here’s what’s brewing:
Phase one 5:30 p.m.: A public cupping featuring microroasters from across the world in Café Imports warehouse. (Address: 600 NE. Hoover St., Mpls.) Afterward, everyone will walk over to Café Imports’ neighboring main office for…
Phase two 6:30 p.m.: This is the culinary cupping portion, i.e. party time. They’re calling it a harvest festival of homegrown Minnesota eats and drinks. (Address: 2617 E. Hennepin Av., Mpls.) There will be live music too. Here’s the food line up:
- Full roast pig from Victory 44
- Beer from Harriet Brewing and Indeed Brewing
- Bread and pastries from Rustica
- Cheese from France 44
- Chocolate from Rogue Chocolate
- Desserts from the Salty Tart
- Apples and Cider from Sweetland Apple Orchard
- Wine from Jason Kallsen of Minnesota FLAVOR
More info here.
Read more about the Twin Cities coffee scene here.