A town forum called "A Healthcare Conversation: Minnesota Style" will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 9 in the auditorium at Stillwater Middle School, 523 Marsh St., Stillwater.
The free forum will be moderated by the League of Women Voters White Bear Lake Area and also is sponsored by the St. Croix Valley Women's Alliance.
The public will be able to ask questions of a panel that includes:
• Andy Slavitt, former acting administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services under President Barack Obama.
• State Sen. John Marty, DFL-Roseville, former chairman of the Senate Health Committee and author of the Minnesota Health Plan, a single-payer plan.
• Matthew Eastwood, chief executive of Canvas Health and a former health insurance executive.
• Kathleen Picard, health policy and practice consultant and policy adviser for the American Physical Therapy Association.
• State Sen. Jim Abeler, R-Anoka, chairman of the Human Services Reform Finance and Policy Committee and a chiropractor.