GRILLED CHICKEN WITH TOMATO-OLIVE SALSA
Note: Sweet tomatoes really perk up when paired with salty and briny olives, fresh basil and dried oregano. Think of this as the perfect rustic meal made with pantry staples. For variety, use any kind of stuffed olive you prefer. From "Robin Takes 5," by Robin Miller.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 5 oz. each)
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
• 1/2 c. pimento-stuffed olives, diced (see Note)
• 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
Preheat a stovetop grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat, or preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat.
Brush chicken all over with oil and season both sides with salt and black pepper. Grill chicken for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through.
Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, olives, basil and oregano in a medium bowl and toss. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve chicken with salsa spooned over top.