2015-16 | Remarkable for many reasons
Some of the good
• Women’s hockey wins national title.
• Volleyball makes the Final Four.
• Baseball, women’s track, softball surge to win Big Ten titles.
• Rachel Banham breaks Big Ten basketball scoring record.
• Shovels in the ground on athletes village development.
• Yu Zhou, Lindsay Mable win Big Ten MVPs for diving, gymnastics.
• Coyle’s hiring ends the AD uncertainty.
Some of the bad
• Men’s basketball sets record for losses, at 8-23.
• Jerry Kill forced into retirement for health reasons.
• 5-7 football team limps into Detroit bowl game (but wins).
• Men’s hockey, women’s basketball miss their goal: NCAA tournament bid.
Some of the ugly
• Norwood Teague resigns after sexual harassment allegations.
• Sex videos appear on the social media sites of basketball player Kevin Dorsey.
• Internal accounts of overspending by athletics leaders and coaches on travel and luxuries.
• Basketball player Reggie Lynch arrested, but not charged, for sexual misconduct.
• Allegations of drug abuse and distribution within wrestling team.