The Vikings have 18 players who are set to become free agents when the new league year begins on March 9. Among those free agents are a few former first-round picks and several starters from the 2016 season.
Fourteen of them are unrestricted. Two are restricted and two are exclusive rights free agents, meaning the Vikings can keep them if they want.
The Vikings could look to lock up some of these players before March 7, when free agents are allowed to start talking to other NFL teams.
For our projection of which of these free agents stick around, click here.
- Matt Asiata, RB, unrestricted
- Audie Cole, MLB, unrestricted
- Rhett Ellison, TE, unrestricted
- Chad Greenway, OLB, unrestricted
- Shaun Hill, QB, unrestricted
- Charles Johnson, WR, restricted
- Matt Kalil, OT, unrestricted
- Zac Kerin, G, exclusive rights
- Zach Line, FB, unrestricted
- Jeff Locke, P, unrestricted
- Jake Long, OT, unrestricted
- Captain Munnerlyn, CB, unrestricted
- Terence Newman, CB, unrestricted
- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, unrestricted
- Jeremiah Sirles, G/T, exclusive rights
- Andre Smith, OT, unrestricted
- Adam Thielen, WR, restricted
- Justin Trattou, DE, unrestricted
[H/T to OverTheCap.com, a great resource for NFL salary cap info]