Mahtomedi defeats Achiever Academy
• SECTION 4: Mahtomedi scored six unanswered goals after falling behind early to defeat Achiever Academy 6-1 Friday night. Kellen Campbell scored two for the Zephyrs, who scored two in the second and four in the third to put the game away.
• SECTION 2: Connor Jenson and Jake Roers scored the only two goals of the game to boost Bloomington Kennedy past Mound-Westonka 2-0. Jenson scored in the second on the period power play and Roers' tally came late in the third. Eagles goaltender David Johnson stopped 27 shots for the shutout. … Justin Oja's power play was the difference as Delano defeated Blake 5-3. Trailing 2-1 in the third period, Oja scored two goals in less than a minute to give the Tigers the lead for good. … Orono's David McCuskey recorded a hat trick to lead the Spartans over Chaska 6-2. McCuskey got the game started with the first two goals of the game and added his third in the second.
• SECTION 5: Jacob Nystrom had two goals and an assist as Spring Lake Park topped Mora/Hinckley-Finlayson 7-1. The Panthers were efficient offensively, scoring seven goals on 28 shots.
•SECTION 1: Jack Poehling led the charge for Lakeville North as the Panthers defeated Dodge County 11-1. Poehling finished with a hat trick and an assist, and he and his brothers Ryan and Nick combined for six of North's 11 goals.
Minnetonka edges EP
•MINNETONKA 49, EDEN PRAIRIE 47: Courtney Fredrickson was one of three Skippers to score double-digit points as Class 4A, No. 2-ranked Minnetonka topped No. 9 Eden Prairie. Fredrickson (15), Mackenzie Dahl (12) and Anne Hamilton (10) boosted the Skippers to a four-point halftime lead and an eventual Lake conference victory.
•EASTVIEW 78, BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 36: Senior Kari Opatz scored a game-high 29 points to lead the Class 4A, No. 1 Lightning over the Jaguars. Opatz had five of Eastview's 12 three-pointers in the game. The Lightning remains at the top of the South Suburban standings and has an overall record of 23-1.
• ROSEMOUNT 77, APPLE VALLEY 45: Hannah Grim's 22-point night was a major factor in Rosemount's victory over Apple Valley. Rosemount made five three-pointers on the night and held Apple Valley to zero. Twelve different Irish players scored in the victory.
Lakeville North rallies late
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 70, PRIOR LAKE 69: J.P. Macura's 42-point night led the way for the Class 4A, No. 5 Panthers as they topped the Lakers. Trailing 69-64 with 38 seconds left, Lakeville North found a way to win with a mixture of three-pointers and missed free throws by Prior Lake. The Panthers (21-5) won seven of the past eight games.
• CHASKA 94, NEW PRAGUE 92 (2OT): Jake Young's basket with a second left in the second overtime boosted the Hawks past the Trojans in dramatic fashion. Chaska's Colby Murphy hit a three-pointer as the clock wore down in the first overtime to force another extra period before Young finished it off. Jacob Hansen scored 21 and Miles Hansen added 20 for Chaska.
•LAKEVILLE SOUTH 85, BURNSVILLE 80: The Cougars overcame a five-point halftime deficit to defeat the Blaze. Lakeville South's Cody Kairis scored 22 points and Jack Sorenson added 16.
•MINNETONKA 75, EDEN PRAIRIE 70: Careino Gurley scored 20 points and Seth Coatta hit five three-pointers as the Class 4A, No. 7 Skippers beat No. 4 Eden Prairie. Gurley's big night included 13 rebounds, five steals and four assists. The victory was the Skippers' fifth in their past six games.