Bemidji State freshman a hero again
• BEMIDJI STATE 90, NORTHERN STATE 89: Calvin Harrington hit a three-pointer with 0.5 seconds left and the host Beavers (9-8, 6-7 NSIC) came back from four points down in the closing seconds to beat the Wolves (11-8, 7-6) on Friday. Harrington scored all 16 of his points in the second half, including making a layup to make it 89-87. Mack Arvidson then missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 7.7 seconds left for Northern State before Harrington — who scored the winning layup in the closing seconds of a one-point overtime victory over Minnesota State Mankato Jan. 15 — took a pass from D.J. Anderson and hit his three from the right wing. Anderson finished with 12 points and 13 assists.
• AUGUSTANA 75, WINONA STATE 62: Jordan Spencer scored 22 points, Daniel Jansen had 15 points and 11 rebounds and the Auggies (16-1, 13-0 NSIC) won their 16th game in a row, beating the host Warriors (7-10, 6-7).
• ST. CLOUD STATE 90, MARY 84: Scottie Stone scored 32 points and the host Huskies (8-10, 5-7 NSIC) beat the Marauders (13-5, 8-4).
DePaul's January hits career milestone
• NO. 24 DEPAUL 81, CREIGHTON 63: Richfield High School product Jessica January reached 1,000 career points, scoring 16 to help the host Blue Demons (15-6, 7-1 Big East) beat the Bluejays (10-10, 4-4) on Friday night. January, a 5-7 junior guard, is the 34th 1,000-point scorer in DePaul history. She also had seven rebounds, seven assists and four steals, reaching exactly 1,000 points with her final basket off a steal and breakaway layup.
• SIOUX FALLS 69, CONCORDIA (ST. PAUL) 64: Taylor Varsho had 23 points and the host Cougars (15-4, 9-4 NSIC) used a 50-33 rebounding advantage to come from behind against the Golden Bears (8-11, 4-9).
• WINONA STATE 73, AUGUSTANA 47: The host Warriors (18-2, 11-2) had five double-digit scorers and held the Auggies (14-5, 8-5) to 26 percent shooting.