• MAPLE GROVE 70, WAYZATA 53: Jake Wieneke led the Crimson with 19 points, and teammate Brycen Wojta had a double-double with 15 points and 13 assists as the Crimson defeated the Trojans. Wayzata was paced by Bradley Carlson's 28 points. The Trojans weren't able to overcome a 36-18 halftime deficit.
• ROSEMOUNT 64, LAKEVILLE SOUTH 61 (OT): Garrett Goetz led three Irish scorers in double figures with 18 points in a victory over the Cougars. The Irish connected on eight three- pointers. The Cougars were led by Corey Larson's game-high 26 points.
• SPRING LAKE PARK 67, TOTINO-GRACE 61 (OT): Only in overtime could the Panthers pull away from the Eagles, as the teams were deadlocked at halftime and after regulation. Each team had three players who scored in double figures, with Trevor Hall (18), Robert Ben (17) and T.C. Robinson (13) leading the Panthers, and Maxwell Walker (17), Reggie Meyer (17) and Seth Sullwold (15) pacing the Eagles.
• GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 73, HOLY FAMILY 70: Keaton Anderson paved the way with 29 points as the Panthers defeated the Fire. Ethan Maass was the only other Panther in double digits with 17 points, while the Fire featured four players in double figures, led by Joe Hanel's 21 points.
• EDINA 81, MINNETONKA 73: The Hornets fell behind early by as many as nine but prevailed by just as many in the end in a victory over the Skippers. Graham Woodward was the story for the Hornets with 41 points, while teammate Reggie Lynch added 24. The quartet of Andrew Grosz, Luke Pettersen, Malcom Moore, and Grant Kellogg each reached double figures for the Skippers in the loss.
More from Star Tribune
More from Sports
She played with speed and aggression in Game 1 rout.
Louisville-Clemson clash will feature two of the nation's best quarterbacks
Don Lucia has not signed a contract extension as Gophers men's hockey coach, but indicated he met with new athletic director Mark Coyle and hopes something can be worked out soon.
Jerry Kill helped him land on the staff at Penn State.
Quarterback Sam Bradford believes he could help get the Vikings running game on track. They are unbeaten despite a sputtering offense that has particularly…
Recommended For You
It showed the extent to which he prized women's looks over skills.
Hillary Clinton has wrestled with allegations surrounding her husband’s infidelities for much of their 40-year marriage, including a sexual harassment lawsuit, a grand jury investigation…
Democratic strategists have found that tarring down-ticket Republicans with the scarlet T may hurt Clinton.
The earmarking attempt by the 2016 Legislature should be dropped in 2017.
While many are embracing the event and all the activity, others see headaches, traffic and more drawbacks.
Recommended For You
Sam Bradford has shown the ability to throw downfield but not always the willingness.
Sam Bradford gives the Vikings a starting-caliber quarterback for this season and an insurance policy in the event that Teddy Bridgewater is not ready to return in 2017.
Before Teddy Bridgewater went down because of a season-ending knee injury, the Vikings felt they would draft no higher than the late 20s next spring.
All three 2016 draft picks the Vikings cut this weekend were brought back: offensive lineman Willie Beavers, German wide receiver Moritz Bohringer and defensive end Stephen Weatherly.
Peterson ranks 17th on the NFL's career rushing list. Only three players ahead of him didn't play in a Super Bowl or an NFL championship game. If he's still part of that group upon retirement, he'll view his career as incomplete.