CHICAGO -- Jose Mijares has been placed on the disabled list with a sprained right knee, and Jeff Manship has arrived from Class AAA Rochester.
Mijares will have an MRI exam Friday, but the injury is to the side of his knee and doesn't sound like an ACL injury.
J.J. Hardy, who has a sore left wrist again, is not in the lineup, and Delmon Young has been dropped from fourth to seventh in the lineup, with Jason Kubel sliding into the cleanup spot.
Kevin Slowey has thrown his bullpen session and didn't appear to have any problems. Updates to come...
Update (get these quicker on Twitter: @JoeCStrib):
* Slowey's bullpen session went well. No issues with the elbow. He is a go for Sunday.
* Gardenhire is confident Hardy won't have to go on the DL, that he'll be able to play through his wrist issue with occasional rest.
* Jon Rauch said he stubbed his toe on the mound, trying to move toward first base on Tuesday. Said he learned lesson about kicking things years ago. Expects to pitch Friday. (Dan Gladden has apologized for suggesting on-air that Rauch might have injured himself by kicking something.)
* Nick Punto will work out with the Twins on Friday and could be activated from the DL this weekend.
* Gardenhire on moving Young down in the lineup: "He’s 2-for-16 off [Gavin Floyd], and he hasn't been swinging as good as he was. He’s still getting his hits and everything, so just kind of mix it up a little bit, go down and take the pressure off and see what happens."
* Gardenhire sounded hopeful about Justin Morneau again, saying the first baseman hopes to work out with the team Friday, "get after it and go from there."
1. Denard Span, CF
2. Orlando Hudson, 2B
3. Joe Mauer, C
4. Jason Kubel, RF
5. Michael Cuddyer, 1B
6. Jim Thome, DH
7. Delmon Young, LF
8. Danny Valencia, 3B
9. Alexi Casilla, SS
Starting pitcher: LH Francisco Liriano (10-7, 3.33 ERA)
WHITE SOX (64-50)
1. Juan Pierre, LF
2. Alexei Ramirez, SS
3. Alex Rios, CF
4. Paul Konerko, 1B
5. Carlos Quentin, RF
6. A.J. Pierzynski, C
7. Dayan Viciedo, DH
8. Omar Vizquel, 3B
9. Gordon Beckham, 2B
Starting pitcher: RH Gavin Floyd (8-8, 3.49 ERA)
U.S. Cellular Field. First pitch: 7:10 p.m. TV: FSN. Twins Radio Network