Julglädje Family Celebration
The holiday happenings continue this week with "Julglädje," which means "Christmas joy." Let spirits be light as you sing songs and dance. Listen to seasonal stories.
- 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. Mon.-Tue. 12/26-27
- Free with museum admission, $4-$6
- American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Av. S., Mpls
Kwanzaa Family Day
Celebrate the first day of the seven-day holiday that honors black people and their past. The event highlights the "first fruits of the harvest" through opening and closing ceremonies. Activities include West African drumming and dancing, cooking demonstrations and an art activity inspired by the principle of Umoja, or "unity."
- 1-4 p.m. Mon 12/26
- Free with museum admission, $6-$11
- State Capitol, 75 W. Martin Luther King Dr., St. Paul