Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: THE ARTS
(e.g., Who painted "The Blue Boy"? Answer: Thomas Gainsborough.)
1. Which city provides the setting for the novel "Gorky Park"?
2. Who painted "The Night Watch"?
3. Which literary family is associated with the village of Haworth in England?
4. Which Umberto Eco novel is set in the library of a medieval monastery?
5. What followed Pablo Picasso's Blue Period?
6. What is the French version of the "Dance of Death"?
7. Which four instruments typically make up a string quartet?
8. Which Arthur Conan Doyle novel introduced Professor Challenger?
9. Provide the missing word in the title: "Far From the ____ Crowd"
ANSWERS: 1. Moscow. 2. Rembrandt. 3. Bronte family. 4. "The Name of the Rose." 5. His Rose Period. 6. Danse Macabre. 7. Two violins, a viola and a cello. 8. "The Lost World." 9. Madding.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.