Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: NOUNS ENDING IN -LLY
Each answer is a five-letter noun ending in -lly. (e.g., Stomach (informal). Answer: Belly.)
1. A flat structure with wheels for moving heavy loads.
2. A soft, semisolid food substance.
3. A shrub with bright red berries.
4. A reckoning or score.
5. A deep ditch cut in the earth by running water.
6. A gathering intended to inspire enthusiasm for a cause.
7. A young female horse.
8. A lack of good sense, understanding or foresight.
9. A short, stout club used by policemen.
ANSWERS: 1. Dolly. 2. Jelly. 3. Holly. 4. Tally. 5. Gully. 6. Rally. 7. Filly. 8. Folly. 9. Billy.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.