Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Which month is named after Mars? Answer: March.)
1. How many planets are closer to the sun than Mars?
2. What is the common nickname for the planet Mars?
3. What does "mars" mean when used as a verb?
4. How does Mars rank in size among the eight planets?
5. After who or what is Mars named?
6. What are Phobos and Deimos?
7. What compound gives Mars a red appearance?
8. Who was Forrest Mars?
9. What was the name of the rover that landed on Mars in 2012?
ANSWERS: 1. Three. 2. The Red Planet. 3. Damages, disfigures. 4. Second smallest. 5. Roman god of war. 6. The two known moons of Mars. 7. Iron oxide (ferric oxide, hematite). 8. Introduced the Mars bar. 9. Curiosity.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.