Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Who portrayed Gary Cooper's wife in "High Noon"? Answer: Grace Kelly.)
1. For what was Seward's Folly a derisive term?
2. What was a Mickey Finn?
3. In which Washington, D.C., theater was Abraham Lincoln assassinated?
4. Popular song of the 1940s, "Rosie the ____."
5. In which state is Mount Rushmore?
6. Who wrote "There are strange things done in the midnight sun"?
7. What is Damon Runyon's most famous collection of stories?
8. For what does ROTC stand?
9. Spell the first name of the author of "The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged."
10. Who was "the dirty little coward who shot Mister Howard"?
11. What was Tonto's pet name for the Lone Ranger?
12. During slavery, what was denoted by the Middle Passage?
13. Who wrote "My candle burns at both ends"?
14. What was the incident in the novel "The Ox-Bow Incident"?
15. What is the only utterance by the bird in the poem "The Raven"?
ANSWERS: 1. Purchase of Alaska. 2. A drink to render a person unconscious. 3. Ford's Theatre. 4. Riveter. 5. South Dakota. 6. Robert W. Service. 7. "Guys and Dolls." 8. Reserve Officers' Training Corps. 9. Ayn (Rand). 10. Robert Ford. 11. Kemo Sabe. 12. The trans-Atlantic crossing. 13. Edna St. Vincent Millay. 14. Posse lynched three innocent cowboys. 15. "Nevermore."
24 to 30 points - congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points - honors graduate; 13 to 17 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 5 to 12 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 4 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2015 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.