Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: FIRST AND LAST
(e.g., The first person to walk on the moon. Answer: Neil Armstrong.)
1. The first two people to climb Mount Everest.
2. The first person in space.
3. The first female prime minister of the U.K.
4. What first is claimed by Kathryn Bigelow? (Alternate answers possible.)
5. Who was the first American to win the Nobel Peace Prize?
6. The last person to step off the moon.
7. The first African-American film star.
8. The last person to be beheaded in the Tower of London.
9. Billy Bailey was the last person in the U.S. to be executed in this fashion.
ANSWERS: 1. Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. 2. Yuri Gagarin. 3. Margaret Thatcher. 4. First woman to win the Academy Award for Best Director. 5. Theodore Roosevelt (1906). 6. Eugene Cernan. 7. Stepin Fetchit (Lincoln Perry). 8. Second Earl of Essex (Robert Devereux). 9. Hanged.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.