Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: ADVERTISING CHARACTERS
What company or product did the character represent? (e.g., The gecko: Speaks with a British cockney accent. Answer: GEICO.)
1. Mother Nature: "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature."
2. Mr. Whipple: "Please don't squeeze ..."
3. Josephine the plumber: "Nothing can hold a can to ..."
4. Ethel the cook: "I Put That **** on Everything."
5. Morris the cat: "The world's most finicky cat."
6. Rosie the waitress: "The quicker picker-upper."
7. Flo: A cashier recognizable by her enthusiastic, upbeat persona.
8. Madge the manicurist: "Softens hands while you do the dishes."
9. Poppin' Fresh: He is poked in the stomach with a finger.
ANSWERS: 1. Chiffon margarine. 2. Charmin bath tissue. 3. Comet cleanser. 4. Frank's RedHot sauce. 5. 9Lives cat food. 6. Bounty paper towels. 7. Progressive auto insurance. 8. Palmolive dish soap. 9. Pillsbury dough.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2013 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.