Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: DIRECTIONAL NAMES
Each name contains one of: north, east, south or west. (e.g., One of England's so-called Lake Poets. Answer: Robert Southey.)
1. "Dirty Harry."
2. Marine at the center of the Iran-Contra affair.
3. He founded the Kodak company.
4. General who commanded U.S. military operations in the Vietnam War.
5. He portrayed "Dennis the Menace" on TV.
6. Her name was used for inflatable, vest-like life-preserver jackets.
7. Family that controls Loblaws, Canada's largest supermarket chain.
8. Her hits include "Morning Train" and "For Your Eyes Only."
9. He developed a theory of literary criticism in his "Anatomy of Criticism."
ANSWERS: 1. Clint Eastwood. 2. Oliver North. 3. George Eastman. 4. William Westmoreland. 5. Jay North. 6. Mae West. 7. Weston family. 8. Sheena Easton. 9. Northrop Frye.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.