Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., The mineral deposits growing upward in caves are called ____. Answer: Stalagmites.)
1. What is a tiglon?
2. For what is LOX an acronym?
3. Which mathematical instrument was made obsolete by the pocket calculator?
4. What is the only rock that floats in water?
5. What is the common name for conjunctivitis?
6. The name for this bone disease translates to "porous bone."
7. What potent opiate drug took its name from the Greek god of dreams?
8. Where is your glabella?
9. What is one-tenth of a bel?
ANSWERS: 1. Offspring of a male tiger and female lion. 2. Liquid oxygen. 3. Slide rule. 4. Pumice. 5. Pink eye. 6. Osteoporosis. 7. Morphine (Morpheus). 8. Between eyebrows and above nose. 9. Decibel.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.