Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: EVENTS OF SEPT. 13
(e.g., 1899: Henry Bliss became the first person in the U.S. to die in this type of accident. Answer: Automobile accident.)
1. 1814: He composed a poem that became the U.S. national anthem.
2. 1759: Under James Wolfe, the British defeated the French near Quebec City in this battle.
3. 1501: Michelangelo began work on this famous statue.
4. 2001: Civilian aircraft traffic resumed in the U.S. after these attacks.
5. 1993: Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin shook hands with this PLO chairman after the Oslo Accords.
6. 1860: General nicknamed "Black Jack" was born.
7. 335: This emperor consecrated the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem.
8. 1609: He reached the New York state river that now bears his name.
9. 1788: This city became the temporary capital of the United States.
10. 1948: She became the first woman to serve in both the Senate and the House.
11. 1953: He was appointed secretary-general of the USSR's Communist Party.
12. 1956: This company's 305 RAMAC became the first computer to use disk storage.
13. 1968: Albania broke away from this communist defense pact.
14. 1971: A prison revolt at this New York state prison was put down.
15. 1989: This man led the largest anti-apartheid march in South Africa.
ANSWERS: 1. Francis Scott Key. 2. Battle of the Plains of Abraham. 3. "David." 4. Attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. 5. Yasser Arafat. 6. John Pershing. 7. Constantine (the Great). 8. Henry Hudson. 9. New York City. 10. Margaret Chase Smith. 11. Nikita Khrushchev. 12. IBM. 13. The Warsaw Pact. 14. Attica Prison. 15. Desmond Tutu.
24 to 30 points - congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points - honors graduate; 13 to 17 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 5 to 12 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 4 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.