Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., In which country is the Yucatan Peninsula? Answer: Mexico.)
1. The Crimean Peninsula is located on which sea?
2. Where is "pillow lava" characteristically formed?
3. In which body of water are the Greater Antilles?
4. Which country is closest to the island of South Georgia?
5. What is the literal translation of "Mediterranean"?
6. Name France's longest river and the body of water into which it empties.
7. Name any two of Australia's three largest islands.
8. Name the highest free-standing mountain in the world.
9. What explosion is considered the loudest sound heard in modern history?
ANSWERS: 1. Black Sea. 2. Under water. 3. Caribbean Sea. 4. Argentina. 5. In the middle of the land (inland). 6. Loire, Bay of Biscay. 7. Tasmania, Melville Island, Kangaroo Island. 8. Mount Kilimanjaro. 9. The eruption of Krakatoa.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.