Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., It is the third-largest island in Europe. Answer: Ireland.)
1. Translate Rio de Janeiro.
2. The name of this Indian city is now commonly spelled as "Kolkata."
3. Which U.S. state capital city has the largest population?
4. This large Canadian island was originally called Terra Nova.
5. The name of this, the fourth-largest island in the world, contains four A's.
6. Which country's name is abbreviated as PRC?
7. In which Australian state is the city of Perth?
8. In which country is Bergen the
9. What is the smallest country in North Africa?
10. What is the largest city in the world that did not exist at the beginning of the 20th century?
11. What major financial city is also the busiest container port in the world?
12. Its capital was once called Salisbury, but it is now called Harare.
13. Which Mexican state is considered to be the safest?
14. What is the largest "lake island" in the world?
15. Which river is the Outback's most famous waterway?
ANSWERS: 1. January River. 2. Calcutta. 3. Phoenix. 4. Newfoundland. 5. Madagascar. 6. People's Republic of China. 7. Western Australia. 8. Norway. 9. Tunisia. 10. Brasilia. 11. Shanghai. 12. Zimbabwe. 13. Yucatan. 14. Manitoulin Island (Lake Huron). 15. Darling River.
24 to 30 points - congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points - honors graduate; 13 to 17 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 5 to 12 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 4 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.