Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: MESOAMERICAN CIVILIZATIONS
(e.g., What was the first major civilization in Mexico? Answer: Olmec.)
1. Which society's capital city was named Tenochtitlan?
2. Whose arrival marked the end of Mesoamerican expansion?
3. What sort of sporting arena is a feature of Mesoamerican societies?
4. How do Mesoamerican pyramids differ from those of Egypt?
5. What was the significance of 260 days and 365 days?
6. Name the 2006 Mel Gibson film about Mesoamerican societies.
7. What was Quetzalcoatl?
8. A vigesimal numeric system was developed. What does "vigesimal" indicate?
9. What creation do Mesoamerica, Mesopotamia and China share in common?
ANSWERS: 1. Aztec. 2. The Spanish. 3. Ballcourts. 4. Step pyramids with temples on top. 5. Number of days in the two major calendars. 6. "Apocalypto." 7. A deity (the feathered serpent). 8. Base 20 (our decimal system is base 10). 9. Independent development of a writing system.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.