Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: CULINARY MATTERS
(e.g., Amandine denotes what ingredient? Answer: Almonds.)
1. Cock-a-leekie is a type of ____.
2. What term indicates food cooked in the style of Florence, Italy?
3. What is nougat?
4. "Baba" refers to a small ____.
5. Pasta known as fusilli is what shape?
6. Guacamole is a type of ____.
7. Term for the protein found in wheat flours.
8. What is the literal translation of foie gras?
9. What shape is pasta known as farfalle?
ANSWERS: 1. Soup. 2. Florentine. 3. A confection (candy). 4. Cake. 5. Spiral-shape (corkscrew). 6. Dip (sauce). 7. Gluten. 8. Fat (goose) liver. 9. Bow tie.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2013 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.