Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: CULINARY MATTERS
(e.g., What restaurant chain was founded by Dave Thomas? Answer: Wendy's.)
1. A hoagie is more commonly known by what name?
2. Define a crumble.
3. Term for a bowl-shaped kitchen utensil with perforations for draining off liquids.
4. Candy on a stick is a sucker. By what longer name is it also known?
5. What food completes the lyrics "They were singin' bye-bye, Miss _____"?
6. This Portuguese fortified wine bears the name of the island where it is made.
7. To what family of herbs do basil, marjoram, oregano, sage and rosemary belong?
8. What does the term "veronique" on a menu indicate the dish will contain?
9. With which country is a daikon radish generally associated?
ANSWERS: 1. Submarine sandwich or sub. 2. A baked dessert of fruit topped with a crumbly pastry mixture. 3. Colander. 4. Lollipop. 5. American Pie. 6. Madeira. 7. The mint family. 8. Grapes (usually white seedless). 9. Japan.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2015 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.