Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Which book title refers to the cities of London and Paris? Answer: "A Tale of Two Cities.")
1. In which mountains of New York state did Rip Van Winkle live?
2. Which Ray Bradbury title refers to a temperature?
3. Robert Burns referred to it as a "tim'rous beastie."
4. What kind of fictional character is Noddy?
5. Which novel is believed to be based on the experiences of Alexander Selkirk?
6. In which novel are the children named Lucy, Edmund, Susan and Peter?
7. What Agatha Christie work has sold about 100 million copies?
8. Complete the quote to provide a title: "Gentlemen-rankers out on the spree, damned ..."
9. What play ends: "Something I'll take unstained out of this world... my panache"?
ANSWERS: 1. Catskill Mountains. 2. "Fahrenheit 451." 3. Mouse. 4. Wooden boy who lives in Toyland. 5. "Robinson Crusoe." 6. "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe." 7. "And Then There Were None." 8. "From Here to Eternity." 9. "Cyrano de Bergerac."
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2013 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.