Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Who was "The Merchant of Venice"? Answer: Antonio.)
1. What is the view in the novel "A Room With a View"?
2. A classic work written by English historian Edward Gibbon.
3. Provide the writer's last name: Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills ____.
4. This novel is about seven generations of the Buendia family in the town of Macondo.
5. What is the setting for the play "Journey's End"?
6. "The Barretts of Wimpole Street" is based on the romance of this couple.
7. By what name is the character Evangeline St. Clare better known?
8. Who is better known by her pen name George Eliot?
9. This novel details the lives of Tom and Maggie Tulliver.
ANSWERS:1. Florence, Italy. 2. "The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire." 3. Wilde. 4. "One Hundred Years of Solitude." 5. Trenches of World War I. 6. Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett. 7. Little Eva ("Uncle Tom's Cabin"). 8. Mary Ann Evans. 9. "The Mill on the Floss."
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2015 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.