Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA
(e.g., To which ocean is the Mediterranean Sea connected? Answer: Atlantic.)
1. Which continents border on the Mediterranean Sea?
2. Which strait connects the sea to the ocean?
3. What connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea?
4. What is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
5. Name any three countries on its southern shore.
6. What makes the Mediterranean island of Elba notable?
7. Which narrow strait connects the Aegean Sea to the Sea of Marmara?
8. Name an island nation in the Mediterranean Sea.
9. Which sea is between southern Italy and the west coast of Greece?
ANSWERS: 1. Europe, Africa and Asia. 2. Strait of Gibraltar. 3. Suez Canal. 4. Sicily. 5. Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Egypt. 6. Napoleon Bonaparte was exiled to Elba. 7. Dardanelles. 8. Malta, Cyprus. 9. Ionian Sea.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.