Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: HUDSON BAY
(e.g., Who is the bay named after? Answer: Henry Hudson.)
1. Which strait connects the bay to the Atlantic Ocean?
2. What is the southern arm of Hudson Bay named?
3. For what do the letters "HBC" stand?
4. Which town on the shore is known as the "Polar Bear Capital of the World."
5. What was Henry Hudson's fate.
6. What was the name of Hudson's ship on the fateful voyage?
7. Name either of the two principal waterways draining into Hudson Bay.
8. The Arctic Bridge would link Churchill, Manitoba, to this Russian port.
9. The HBC had a trading monopoly for the watershed called "____ Land."
ANSWERS: 1. Hudson Strait. 2. James Bay. 3. Hudson's Bay Company.
4. Churchill, Manitoba. 5. Mutineers set him adrift in the bay. 6. Discovery. 7. Nelson River, La Grande River. 8. Murmansk. 9. Rupert's Land.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.