Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., What is the first cardinal number (excluding zero)? Answer: 1 (one).)
1. GMT stands for Greenwich Mean Time. Where is Greenwich?
2. What is sun-dried, unburned brick of clay and straw commonly called?
3. What gemstone is a fossilized tree resin?
4. What is an isobar?
5. What is the approximate weight of 1 liter of water?
6. If it measures 5 by 12 by 13, what is it?
7. What region provides the derivation for the gem named turquoise?
8. A hand is a measurement of a horse's height. How many inches is a hand?
9. Who would use a trephine?
ANSWERS: 1. England. 2. Adobe. 3. Amber. 4. Weather map line connecting places with the same air pressure. 5. One kilogram (2.2 pounds). 6. A right triangle. 7. First brought to Europe from Turkestan. 8. Four. 9. Surgeon.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2013 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.