Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Each answer is a single word that either starts or ends with "pie." (e.g., Person in the '60s who was opposed to war and traditional attitudes. Answer: Hippie.)
1. A platform supported on pillars used as a landing stage for boats.
2. To make a hole in something by pushing a sharp object into it.
3. A small, fat-cheeked, wide-eyed doll with a curl of hair on top of the head.
4. A representation of the Virgin Mary mourning over the dead body of Jesus.
5. Done in separate stages rather than being planned and done as a whole.
6. A noisy black-and-white bird with a long tail.
7. A spotted or patched animal, especially in black and white.
8. The quality of being religious or reverent.
9. A historical region of northwest Italy.
ANSWERS: 1. Pier. 2. Pierce. 3. Kewpie. 4. Pieta. 5. Piecemeal. 6. Magpie. 7. Piebald. 8. Piety. 9. Piedmont.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2015 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.