Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: WORLD WAR II
(e.g., Which years did the war span? Answer: 1939-1945.)
1. By what names were the two opposing military alliances known?
2. Which country did Germany attack on Sept. 1, 1939?
3. Who was the prime minister of England during most of the war?
4. What took place on Dec. 7, 1941?
5. In which country was Adolf Hitler born?
6. What is the translation of the German "Blitzkrieg"?
7. What was the code name for the invasion of Normandy on D-Day, June 6, 1944?
8. What was the name of the individual daily combat food ration of the U.S. Army?
9. Which two Japanese cities were hit with atomic bombs?
ANSWERS: 1. Allies and Axis. 2. Poland. 3. Winston Churchill. 4. Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. 5. Austria. 6. "Lightning War." 7. Operation Overlord. 8. K-ration. 9. Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.