Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: ANIMALS IN LITERATURE
(e.g., In "The Wizard of Oz," who exposes the wizard? Answer: Toto.)
1. What type of animal does Buck join up with at the end of "The Call of the Wild"?
2. What insect nests in the carcass of the lion killed by Samson?
3. Why does Travis Coates kill "Old Yeller"?
4. In "Of Mice and Men," what type of animal does Lennie dream of tending?
5. What animal is ridden by Sancho Panza in "Don Quixote"?
6. In "The Pearl," what creature has caused the child Coyotito to become ill?
7. What animal does Atticus Finch kill in "To Kill a Mockingbird"?
8. In which play by Tennessee Williams does Laura collect glass animals?
9. What animal is central to the novel "The Old Man and the Sea"?
10. What animal is featured in the novel "The Life of Pi"?
11. In "Gulliver's Travels," what type of animals are the intelligent Houyhnhnms?
12. The head of what animal is put on a stick in "Lord of the Flies"?
13. What animal's death is caused when Tess d'Urbervilles falls asleep?
14. What type of animal created by Mark Twain was named "Dan'l Webster"?
15. What animal bites Penny Baxter in "The Yearling"?
ANSWERS: 1. Wolves. 2. Bees. 3. Infected with rabies. 4. Rabbits. 5. Donkey. 6. Scorpion. 7. A rabid dog. 8. "The Glass Menagerie." 9. Marlin. 10. Tiger. 11. Horses. 12. Pig. 13. Horse. 14. Frog. 15. A rattlesnake.
24 to 30 points - congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points - honors graduate; 13 to 17 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 5 to 12 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 4 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.