Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: THE ARCTIC
(e.g., Which ocean is in the Arctic region? Answer: Arctic Ocean.)
1. What bear is associated with the Arctic region?
2. Name the three largest countries partly in the Arctic region.
3. Name at least three more countries partly in the Arctic.
4. The Arctic is the region north of 66? 33' North Parallel. What is that parallel called?
5. What is the most numerous indigenous Arctic people in the Western Hemisphere?
6. What word means "snowshoe netters," not "raw meat eaters"?
7. Much of the land is cryotic soil. What is the more common name for this soil?
8. The region's boundary roughly follows what northernmost line of what kind of growth?
9. Term for a line that connects points on a map that have the same temperature.
ANSWERS: 1. Polar bear. 2. U.S., Russia, Canada. 3. Denmark (Greenland), Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland. 4. Arctic Circle. 5. Inuit. 6. Eskimo. 7. Permafrost. 8. Tree line. 9. Isotherm.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2015 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.