Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: BEST KNOWN FOR
(e.g., Best known for his work on the sitcoms "Mr. Bean" and "Blackadder." Answer: Rowan Atkinson.)
1. Best known as anchorman for the "CBS Evening News" for 19 years.
2. Best known for playing Edith Bunker on "All in the Family."
3. Best known as the co-founder, chairman and CEO of Apple Inc.
4. Best known for his creation of the jungle hero Tarzan.
5. Best known for his role as Gandalf in "The Lord of the Rings."
6. Best known for the novel "Moby-Dick."
7. Best known as the founder and chairman of Virgin Group.
8. Best known as the purported inventor of the Monopoly board game.
9. English poet best known for "The Faerie Queene."
ANSWERS: 1. Walter Cronkite. 2. Jean Stapleton. 3. Steve Jobs. 4. Edgar Rice Burroughs. 5. Ian McKellen. 6. Herman Melville. 7. Richard Branson. 8. Charles Darrow. 9. Edmund Spenser.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.