Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., What is the capital city of Iceland? Answer: Reykjavik.)
1. Iceland is located at the confluence of which two oceans?
2. On which industry does the economy historically depend?
3. Which current helps to warm the climate?
4. What post-World War II "plan" helped the economy?
5. What is the national language?
6. In 2008, the failure of this system caused substantial political unrest.
7. What is the Althing?
8. The main traditional sport in Iceland is glima. It is a form of what?
9. Which two leaders had a historic summit meeting in Iceland in 1986?
ANSWERS: 1. Atlantic and Arctic. 2. Fishing. 3. Gulf Stream. 4. Marshall Plan. 5. Icelandic. 6. Banking system. 7. The national parliament. 8. Wrestling. 9. Ronald Reagan and Mikhail Gorbachev.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.