Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
(e.g., Europe and Asia together are known as ____. Answer: Eurasia.)
1. Which three oceans bound Asia on three sides?
2. What is Asia's best-known mountain range?
3. What is Asia's largest desert?
4. Asia is often defined as being east of which canal and which mountain range?
5. Which two countries are in both Asia and Europe?
6. Which Asian woman won the 1979 Nobel Peace Prize?
7. What is Asia's longest river?
8. Identify the "Four Asian Tigers."
9. Which countries are first and last in an alphabetical list of Asian countries?
ANSWERS: 1. Arctic, Indian and Pacific. 2. Himalayas. 3. Gobi Desert. 4. Suez Canal, Ural Mountains. 5. Russia and Turkey. 6. Mother Teresa. 7. Yangtze River. 8. Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan. 9. Afghanistan and Yemen.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.