Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Each answer ends in "hole." (e.g., A passage made by a drill for exploratory purposes. Answer: Borehole.)
1. A deep, cylindrical depression formed in road pavement.
2. A pit for individual shelter against enemy fire.
3. The galactic center of the Milky Way.
4. The bar in a golf clubhouse.
5. A depression formed from the collapse of the underlying rock or soil.
6. Assign to a category in some orderly system.
7. The hole at the top of a cetacean's head.
8. A pool where animals come to drink.
9. An exploratory oil well that produces no oil.
ANSWERS: 1. Pothole. 2. Foxhole. 3. Black hole. 4. Nineteenth hole. 5. Sinkhole. 6. Pigeonhole. 7. Blowhole. 8. Watering hole. 9. Dry hole.
18 points - congratulations, doctor; 15 to 17 points - honors graduate; 10 to 14 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 4 to 9 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 3 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2013 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.