Take this Super Quiz to a Ph.D. Score 1 point for each correct answer on the Freshman Level, 2 points on the Graduate Level and 3 points on the Ph.D. Level.
Subject: FOOD AND DRINK
(e.g., Dom Perignon is associated with which drink? Answer: Champagne.)
1. This process is designed to rid milk of bacteria.
2. It is also known as a groundnut, earthnut and goober pea.
3. Dried plums are called ____.
4. In which musical film was the song "Food, Glorious Food"?
5. A person who eats no food of animal origin is called a ____.
6. Sonny the Cuckoo Bird was cuckoo for this breakfast cereal.
7. Which song contains "Food beyond compare. Food beyond belief"?
8. Where would you buy a Whopper?
9. Who advertises "We do it Dave's Way ... we don't cut corners"?
10. If black-eyed peas are not peas, what are they?
11. Ancient Egyptians placed a hand on this vegetable when taking an oath.
12. The name of which alcoholic beverage is derived from the wormwood plant?
13. What magical phrase used by Ali Baba contains the name of a seed?
14. What is the literal meaning of the Italian word "linguine"?
15. On the cookie, "OREO" appears in an oval. What symbol sits atop the oval?
ANSWERS: 1. Pasteurization. 2. Peanut. 3. Prunes. 4. "Oliver!" 5. Vegan. 6. Cocoa Puffs. 7. "Master of the House." 8. Burger King. 9. Wendy's. 10. Beans. 11. Onion. 12. Vermouth. 13. "Open sesame." 14. Little tongues. 15. A two-bar cross.
24 to 30 points - congratulations, doctor; 18 to 23 points - honors graduate; 13 to 17 points - you're plenty smart, but no grind; 5 to 12 points - you really should hit the books harder; 1 point to 4 points - enroll in remedial courses immediately; 0 points - who reads the questions to you?
Super Quiz is a registered trademark of K. Fisher Enterprises Ltd. © 2014 Ken Fisher
North America Syndicate Inc.