Page 2 of 2 Previous
7. GEORGE WASHINGTON’S SECRET SIX, by Brian Kilmeade and Don Yaeger. (Sentinel) The story of the Culper spy ring, which aided the American cause during the Revolution.
8. MY AGE OF ANXIETY, by Scott Stossel. (Knopf) A study of anxiety disorder by the editor of The Atlantic, drawing on research as well as personal experience.
9. THE SECOND MACHINE AGE, by Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee. (Norton) How digital technologies will change our lives and the economy, and what we can do to prepare ourselves.
10. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House) An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his plane went down over the Pacific.
ADVICE, MISCELLANEOUS AND HOW-TO
1. SUPER SHRED, by Ian K. Smith. (St. Martin’s) A short-term rapid weight-loss plan.
2. THE BODY BOOK, by Cameron Diaz with Sandra Bark. (HarperWave) A guide for becoming healthier and stronger, inspired by the actor’s personal experience.
3. THE DOCTOR’S DIET, by Travis Stork. (Bird Street Books) A flexible diet program aimed at health and weight loss.
4. GRAIN BRAIN, by David Perlmutter with Kristin Loberg. (Little, Brown) The deleterious effect of carbohydrates on the brain, and how to reverse it.
5. THE DANIEL PLAN, by Rick Warren, Daniel Amen, Mark Hyman and others. (Zondervan) A spirituality-based approach to health and wellness.
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending Jan. 25. An (x) indictaes that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.