Page 2 of 2 Previous
6. ORR, by Bobby Orr. (Putnam) The hockey star’s memoir.
7. MY STORY, by Elizabeth Smart with Chris Stewart. (St. Martin’s) A woman kidnapped by religious fanatics from her Utah home in 2002 at age 14 describes her captivity and rescue nine months later.
8. SI-COLOGY 1, by Si Robertson with Mark Schlabach. (Howard Books) Tales from Phil’s youngest brother, who works in the Duck Commander workshop.
9. JOHNNY CARSON, by Henry Bushkin. (Eamon Dolan/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) A recollection by Carson’s lawyer and confidant for 18 years.
10. ONE SUMMER, by Bill Bryson. (Doubleday) The author of “A Short History of Nearly Everything” describes the events of the summer of 1927: Charles Lindbergh’s trans-Atlantic flight, Babe Ruth’s 60 homers, the great Mississippi flood.
ADVICE, MISCELLANEOUS AND HOW-TO
1. THE GIFTS OF IMPERFECTION, by Brene Brown. (Hazelden Publishing) Embracing who you are, not who you should be.
2. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?, by David Jeremiah. (Tyndale House) A pastor lays out a biblical plan for overcoming our greatest fears.(b)
3. BREAK OUT!, by Joel Osteen. (FaithWords) Five principles to take you beyond your own barriers.
4. THERE’S MORE TO LIFE THAN THIS, by Theresa Caputo with Kristina Grish. (Atria) Stories and insight about the afterlife.
5. E-SQUARED, by Pam Grout. (Hay House) Nine spiritual experiments to help change the focus of your thoughts.
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending Oct. 19. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.