Page 2 of 2 Previous
6. LAWRENCE IN ARABIA, by Scott Anderson. ( Doubleday) A history of the Arab revolt against the Turks in World War I focuses on T.E. Lawrence and other adventurers.
7. EXPOSED, by Jane Velez-Mitchell. (Morrow/HarperCollins) The story of Jodi Arias, who was convicted of murdering her boyfriend, Travis Alexander.
8. THE BUTLER, by Wil Haygood. (37 Ink/Atria) The story of Eugene Allen, a butler who served presidents from Harry Truman to Ronald Reagan. Haygood’s article about Allen inspired the movie “Lee Daniels’ The Butler.”
9. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House) An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his bomber went down over the Pacific.
10. THE DUCK COMMANDER FAMILY, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach. (Howard Books) Behind the scenes at the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. E-SQUARED, by Pam Grout. (Hay House) Nine spiritual experiments to help change the focus of your thoughts.
2. THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. (Northfield) How to communicate love in a way your spouse will understand.
3. WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING, by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel. (Workman) Advice for parents-to-be. (b)
4. LIFE CODE, by Phil McGraw. (Bird Street) How to abandon traditional thinking and “win in the real world.”
5. ENGAGED!, by Gregg Lederman. (Evolve) Empowering employees, increasing motivation and improving the customer experience. (b)
Rankings reflect sales from venues nationwide for the week ending Aug. 31. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.