Page 2 of 2 Previous
6. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House.) An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his bomber went down over the Pacific.
7. LET’S EXPLORE DIABETES WITH OWLS, by David Sedaris. (Little, Brown.) Essays from the humorist on subjects like French dentistry and a North Carolina Costco.
8. DAD IS FAT, by Jim Gaffigan. (Crown Archetype.) A comedian’s account of life with five kids in a two-bedroom New York City apartment.
9. THE DUCK COMMANDER FAMILY, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach. (Howard Books.) Behind the scenes at the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
10. THE GUNS AT LAST LIGHT, by Rick Atkinson. (Holt.) The final volume of the Liberation Trilogy describes the Allied victory in Europe, from D-Day to the German surrender.
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. (Northfield.) How to communicate love in a way a spouse will understand.
2. LIFE CODE, by Phil McGraw. (Bird Street.) How to “win in the real world,” regardless of people who try to exploit you.
3. WHEAT BELLY, by William Davis. (Rodale.) An examination of wheat in modern diets and an argument for its elimination.
4. DISCOVER YOUR OPTIMAL HEALTH, by Wayne Scott Andersen. (Da Capo/Lifelong.) A 30-day plan for developing daily habits to improve health and well-being.
5. WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU’RE EXPECTING, by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel. (Workman.) Advice for parents-to-be. (b)
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending July 20. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.