Page 2 of 2 Previous
6. AMERICAN GUN, by Chris Kyle with William Doyle. (Morrow/HarperCollins.) Kyle, a former member of the Navy SEALs who was shot to death in Texas in February, tells how 10 firearms changed United States history.
7. ELEVEN RINGS, by Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty. (Penguin Press.) An autobiography by the coach who led the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers to multiple NBA championships.
8. THE GUNS AT LAST LIGHT, by Rick Atkinson. (Holt.) The final volume of the Liberation Trilogy describes the Allied victory in Europe, from D-Day to the German surrender.
9. THE DUCK COMMANDER FAMILY, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach. (Howard Books.) Behind the scenes at the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
10. GETTYSBURG, by Allen Guelzo. (Knopf.) A historian’s account of the Civil War’s most important battle focuses on the experience of ordinary soldiers.
ADVICE, MISCELLANEOUS AND HOW-TO
1. THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES, by Gary Chapman. (Northfield.) How to communicate love in a way a spouse will understand.
2. WHEAT BELLY, by William Davis. (Rodale.) An examination of wheat in modern diets and an argument for its elimination.
3. SHRED – THE REVOLUTIONARY DIET, by Ian K. Smith. (St. Martin’s.) A six-week system that combines meal spacing and other elements.
4. THE FASTDIET, by Michael Mosley and Mimi Spencer. (Atria.) A diet that calls for eating normally five days a week and fasting two days.
5. LIFE CODE, by Phil McGraw. (Bird Street.) How to “win in the real world,” regardless of people who try to exploit you.
Rankings reflect sales from venues nationwide for the week ending July 6. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some sellers report receiving bulk orders.