Page 2 of 2 Previous
7. THE NEW DIGITAL AGE, by Eric Schmidt and Jared Cohen. (Knopf.) The promise and peril of the continuing information and technology revolution.
8. CARRIE AND ME, by Carol Burnett. (Simon & Schuster.) The comedian recalls her oldest daughter, who died in 2002.
9(x). THE DUCK COMMANDER FAMILY, by Willie and Korie Robertson with Mark Schlabach. (Howard Books.) Behind the scenes at the A&E show “Duck Dynasty.”
10. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House.) An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his plane went down over the Pacific.
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. VB6, by Mark Bittman. (Clarkson Potter.) Eating vegan before 6 p.m. for weight loss and health.
2. JUMPSTART TO SKINNY, by Bob Harper with Greg Critser. (Ballantine.) A fast-acting plan for short-term weight loss.
3. IT’S ALL GOOD, by Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Turshen. (Grand Central Life & Style.) Easy, healthy, sugar-free recipes.
4. LIFE CODE, by Phil McGraw. (Bird Street.) How to “win in the real world,” regardless of people who try to exploit you.
5. CLEAN GUT, by Alejandro Junger. (HarperCollins.) The relationship between chronic disease and a single area of the body.
Rankings reflect sales at venues nationwide for the week ending May 4. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from those of the book above. A (b) indicates that some bookstores report receiving bulk orders.