Page 2 of 2 Previous
7. THE DUDE AND THE ZEN MASTER, by Jeff Bridges and Bernie Glassman. (Blue Rider, $26.95.) The actor and the Zen master, longtime friends, examine the wisdom of Bridges’ character the Dude from the 1998 cult classic “The Big Lebowski.”
8. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House, $27.) An Olympic runner’s story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his plane went down over the Pacific.
9. BEHIND THE BEAUTIFUL FOREVERS, by Katherine Boo. (Random House, $27.) A journalist reports on families striving for better lives in a Mumbai slum.
10(x). THE POWER OF HABIT, by Charles Duhigg. (Random House, $28.) A Times reporter’s account of the science behind how we form, and break, habits.
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. SHRED: THE REVOLUTIONARY DIET, by Ian K. Smith. (St. Martin’s, $24.99.) A six-week system that combines meal spacing, snacking, meal replacement, strategic exercise and other elements.
2. THE PLAN, by Lyn-Genet Recitas. (Grand Central Life and Style, $25.99.) A 20-day program that offers individualized help for weight loss.
3. NINJA INNOVATION, by Gary Shapiro. (Morrow/HarperCollins, $25.99.) Ten strategies observed at the world’s most successful businesses.
4. WHEAT BELLY COOKBOOK, by William Davis. (Rodale, $27.99.) This “Wheat Belly” companion contains 150 recipes that are free of modern wheat.
5. FAT CHANCE, by Robert H. Lustig. (Hudson Street, $25.95.) A course of action for beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity and disease.
Rankings reflect sales for the week of Jan. 12 at thousands of venues nationwide. An (x) indicates that a book’s sales are barely distinguishable from theose of the book above. A (b) indicates that some booksellers report receiving bulk orders.