The Aquatennial's Milk Carton Boat Race at Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis. The Palzer family of Mounds View fashioned a dairy themed boat out of 370 milk cartons and went on to win the championship heat of the first round of races.
Splish and splash your way to the Aquatennial
The Minneapolis Aquatennial rolls out its 75th version of “The Best Days of Summer” starting Friday with tennis and bowling competitions and acrobatic water skiers.
The festivities wrap up on July 26 with fireworks downtown over the Mississippi River.
Among the highlights:
• Log rolling Saturday and Sunday at Lake Calhoun.
• Sand castle competition Sunday at Lake Calhoun.
• Milk-carton boat races Sunday at Lake Calhoun.
• Torchlight parade on Wednesday along Hennepin Avenue downtown.
• Queen of the Lakes coronation on July 25 at Ted Mann Concert Hall at the University of Minnesota.
For more information, visit www.aquatennial.com.
Poll: Which top Oscar-nominated film is next on your must-see list?