Mike Tyson wants his next knockout to be on Broadway.
The former boxer announced that he will team up with director Spike Lee to bring his one-man show, "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth," to the Longacre Theatre for six nights only, July 31 to Aug. 5.
The show, a raw confessional on the highs and lows of the life of the retired heavyweight and tabloid target, will mark both Tyson's and Lee's debut on Broadway. It made its debut in April for a weeklong run at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
"I'm very vulnerable and I'm just telling you who I am and where I'm from and how this happened," Tyson said at a news conference at the Longacre.
Tyson, like Lee a Brooklyn native, became the youngest-ever heavyweight champion in 1986, when he won his title as a 20-year-old. His life since then has been marred by accusations of domestic violence, rape and drug use.
"It takes courage to get in the ring," said Lee, who urges theatergoers to have an open mind when it comes to the work. "But it takes courage to get on the stage."
Tyson said that the show would include tales about his stormy marriage to actress Robin Givens.
Arsenio Hall will give TV another try
Two decades after his self-titled show rebuilt the talk genre for a new generation, 56-year-old comic Arsenio Hall will attempt a comeback with a late-night syndicated offering starting in September 2013. Hall is partnering with syndicator CBS Television Distribution and Tribune Co., which will broadcast the show on its 17 TV stations, including WGN-TV in Chicago and KTBC-TV in Los Angeles, giving it access to more than half the country. "In the end, I'm a comic, and nothing fits the talk-show mode like a stand-up comic," Hall said. His earlier show was a surprise smash when it premiered on Fox in 1989. The show reached a peak 20 years ago this month, when Bill Clinton, then a presidential candidate, appeared as a guest, wearing sunglasses and honking a saxophone rendition of "Heartbreak Hotel."
A newspaper photographer filed a complaint with police, accusing "30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin of punching him outside a marriage license bureau. No charges had been filed, and the actor denied throwing punches. Daily News photographer Marcus Santos said that Baldwin became enraged as he and other photographers were snapping pictures of the actor and his fiancée, Hilaria Thomas, outside a New York City office where marriage licenses are obtained. Santos told the newspaper the actor shoved him before punching him "one time, right in the chin." Baldwin's publicist said the photographer was the aggressor.