After the Minnesota House adjourned Sunday evening, shortly before midnight, members stayed to talk a little auld lang syne. Colleagues who won't be seeking reelection stood to give valedictories, with various parts playfulness, wistfulness, reflection and gratitude.
Here are the dozen -- eight Republicans and four Democrats -- who have said they won't be running this fall:
• John Berns, R-Wayzata, elected 2006
• Chris DeLaForest, R-Andover, elected 2002
• Brad Finstad, R-Comfrey, elected 2002
• Bud Heidgerken, R-Freeport, elected 2002
• Scott Kranz, DFL-Blaine, elected 2006
• Frank Moe, DFL-Bemidji, elected 2004
• Dennis Ozment, R-Rosemount, elected 1984
• Eric Paulsen, R-Eden Prairie, elected 1994
• Aaron Peterson, DFL-Appleton, elected 2002
• Connie Ruth, R-Owatonna, elected 2000
• Kathy Tingelstad, R-Andover, elected 1996
• Neva Walker, DFL-Minneapolis, elected 2000
More from Star Tribune
More From Politics
Sure enough, the big trans-Pacific trade deal is toast, climate change action is on the ropes and various regulations from the Obama era have been scrapped. It's also a safe bet President Donald Trump hasn't raced a bicycle since Jan. 20, keeping that vow.
Authorities say the investigation into the fatal police shooting of a man who allegedly confronted an officer with a large knife will be presented to an Ohio grand jury to determine whether to charge the officer.
The physician who was dragged off a United Airlines flight in Chicago this month was verbally and physically abusive, and flailing his arms before he lost his balance and struck his mouth on an armrest, according to the aviation officer who pulled the man out of his seat.
Partisan disputes over health care and President Donald Trump's border wall threw must-pass spending legislation into jeopardy Monday days ahead of a government shutdown deadline.
Republican lawmakers sought tougher restrictions on abortions Monday, approving two bills in the House that would bar the use of state funds for abortion services and create a state permitting system for abortion facilities.