Frozen Four tracker
With the NCAA Frozen Four at St. Paul’s Xcel Energy Center set for April 5 and 7, college hockey is heating up. Here’s a look at four teams on the rise and four teams sinking:
1. Ohio State: Buckeyes have won four straight and are up to No. 4 in the PairWise Ratings. They could give the Big Ten two No. 1 seeds (with Notre Dame).
2. Michigan: Wolverines have won seven straight and face Buckeyes in Big Ten semifinals.
3. Northeastern: Huskies have won five in a row, solidifying their NCAA tournament hopes.
4. Bowling Green: Falcons have won five of six and are No. 16 in PairWise entering WCHA semis vs. Northern Michigan.
1. Gophers: They were outscored 21-11 in four consecutive losses at Penn State and fell to No. 13 in the PairWise.
2. Harvard: Losses to Brown and Yale mean Crimson must win ECAC tourney for NCAA bid.
3. North Dakota: Fighting Hawks tied St. Cloud State to earn home ice in NCHC playoffs but are winless in four and No. 15 in the PairWise.
4. Denver: Defending NCAA champ is 1-2-2 in past five.