The notable and unranked
Bison rally from 17 down on the road
• NORTH DAKOTA STATE 27, YOUNGSTOWN STATE 24: Easton Stick's 4-yard TD run with 35 seconds left capped a 17-point comeback and lifted the Bison (8-2, 6-1 Missouri Valley) over the host Penguins (5-5, 3-4). A disputed pass interference call set up Stick's TD. It also set off a firestorm of protests, resulting in a series of unsportsmanlike conduct penalties against Penguins coach Bo Pelini and the Youngstown State bench. C.J. Smith's interception as time ran out sealed the win for NDSU, which trailed 24-10 heading into the fourth quarter.
• SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 30, SOUTH DAKOTA 23: Nick Farina scored on a 43-yard interception return to cap the Jackrabbits' come-from-behind victory over the host Coyotes (5-5, 3-4 Missouri Valley). SDSU (8-2, 5-2) has won the last seven meetings, including the last five in Vermillion, and now leads the all-time series for the first time ever — 52-51-7.
• NORTH DAKOTA 45, NORTHERN COLORADO 14: Freshman John Santiago (St. Francis High School) ran 12 times for 180 of his team's 408 yards in a victory for UND (6-4, 4-3 Big Sky). Santiago had TD runs of 49 and 81 yards and moved into fifth place on UND's single-season regular-season rushing charts with 1,342.
• PENN 35, HARVARD 25: The visiting Quakers (6-3, 5-1 Ivy League) defeated Harvard (8-1, 5-1), ending the Crimson's 22-game winning streak.
• PITTSBURGH 31, DUKE 13: Nate Peterman tied a career high with three touchdown passes and the visiting Panthers (7-3, 5-1 ACC) ended a two-game losing streak. The Blue Devils have lost three straight.
• TENNESSEE 24, NORTH TEXAS 0: The host Volunteers (6-4) posted their first shutout since their 2013 opener. Tennessee has won three in a row in the same season for the first time since 2010.
• TEXAS TECH 59, KANSAS STATE 44: Patrick Mahomes threw for 384 yards and three touchdowns as the host Red Raiders (6-5, 3-5 Big 12) beat the Wildcats (3-6, 0-6). Kansas State's winless streak is at six games, a first since 1989.
• COACH FIRED: Todd Berry, Louisiana-Monroe's coach since 2010, was fired after the Warhawks' 59-21 loss to Arkansas State. ULM dropped to 1-9.
• Nick Mullens, QB, Southern Miss: Tied a single-game program record before the first half was over with five TD passes in a 65-10 victory over Rice.
• Wendell Smallwood, RB, West Virginia: Established a new career high for the second straight week with 165 rushing yards in a 38-20 win over Texas.
• Jalen Robinette, WR, Air Force: His 210 receiving yards (on seven catches) in a 35-38 win over Utah State were the third-most in school history.
• Rashard Higgins, WR, Colorado State: Caught three touchdown passes in a game for the second time in his Rams career in a 49-28 win over UNLV.